SFL sets Off-Season Calendar, Revamps Rookie Draft
June 1, 2023
The Simulation Football League has finalized its remaining off-season calendar with the launch of the Phase 3 transition period to the league's new game, SFL 4K23. Teams can begin preparing contracts to offer in the league's Player Portal. Some of the most important dates are headlined below:
- June 3, 12 am CT: Players with active subscriptions will begin receiving $10,000 in the player portal weekly, which can be spent on attribute increases during the season.
- June 5, 6 pm ET: Players re-signing with their team can begin signing contracts
- June 12, 6 pm ET: Players signing with new teams can begin signing contracts
- June 15: All stadium textures are due to the league for mod finalization
- June 30: All uniform textures are due to the league for mod finalization
- July 4, 10 pm ET: All players ineligible for the upcoming Rookie Draft must be signed by this date
- July 7, 8 pm ET: 7th SFLm Championship Game
- July 8, 7 pm ET: Season 21 Rookie Draft, Rounds 1 & 2
- July 9, 6 pm ET: Season 21 Rookie Draft, Rounds 3 & 4
- July 12, 11:59 pm CT: All contracts must be finalized and under team salary caps
- July 15: Anticipated launch day of SFL 4K23 Mod
- July 17, 11:59 pm CT: All playbooks are due to the league for approval, pre-season game
- July 18-20: Planned Pre-Season matchups
- July 22, 11:59 pm CT: All playbooks are due to the league for approval, Week 1 game. For Convention/Opening Week, production for the league will begin July 23
The Rookie Draft process has been entirely re-worked. Here are the headlines of the new procedure:
- All teams will receive four picks from the league for the upcoming season's draft and four picks for the following draft. All picks can be traded in order to obtain more/less picks in the Season 21 or Season 22 drafts.
- Teams who reach the league minimum 23 rostered players prior to the veteran signing closing date (July 4) will have none of their draft picks count against the upcoming season's salary cap. Teams who fail to reach the league minimum 23 rostered players prior to the veteran signing close date will have all of their draft picks count against the salary cap.
- Teams who fail to reach the league minimum 23 rostered players will lose a future draft pick for every spot not filled.
"We are really excited about our reformatted draft, which should provide more realism and strategy than ever before," said Commissioner Cameron Irvine. "The system rewards teams with the highest-functioning front offices and solidifies our commitment to player opportunity, realism and our highest standard for simulation football. To be a Championship team, you must first and foremost be committed to creating a winning culture for your players. Combine that with the enhanced strategy and realism coaches now have and we're creating a much more well-rounded football product."